“Chess is not always about winning. Sometimes it’s simply about learning. And so is life. “
Chess is an amazing game, we all know that. But under the surface exist numerous reasons and benefits why chess can be a tremendous learning experience for children.
The game of chess is so rich that it has led to many investigations as to how it can help the human brain. It’s a game that highly stimulates memory, concentration, and reasoning (especially with kids). Children are capable of learning the movements of the pieces as early as 4 years old. Playing chess has many advantages for them. Actually, UNESCO considers the practice of chess at schools educationally productive. Educators indicate that the best way to motivate a child to play chess is by first stimulating their desire to learn. Even though it looks like a hard game or an adult game, children in general show a strong desire to learn the game.
To help demonstrate the many benefits chess can bring for kids, we have prepared a list for you. So if you have any doubts about learning chess or have your kids take chess classes, here are 10 reasons.
Top 10 Reasons & Benefits:
- Chess stimulates attention and concentration of the children.
- Chess awakens the value of respect towards opponents.
- Chess encourages patience.
- Chess stimulates memory.
- Chess teaches kids about responsibility.
- Chess stimulates logical reasoning.
- Chess stimulates the capacity of deduction.
- Chess increases self-esteem.
- Chess motivates kids to take decisions.
- Chess increases the children’s ability to observe and anticipate.